- CLIMATE, we can still face hot dry days but the shortening of daylight hours, with longer nights begin to bring relief and you may also have airy summer storms.
- BLOOMS, the bulk is spent but still in this month we can find remnants of crops of the previous month in addition to the Heather, myrtle, the Savory and the Canadian vine.
PECULIAR FACTORS IN THE APIARY:
- WE ARE PERHAPS IN THE LAST PROFITABLE PERIOD FOR FRAMING THE HEALTH of our apiary, if you have any questions, please contact Technical Beehive and competent Doctors Vets in your working area.
WORK IN THE APIARY:
- CONTROL OF THE STATE OF HEALTH OF THE FAMILY, and especially the queen if caged.
- CONTROL OF THE FALL OF VARROA.
- FOLLOW THE BUFFER TREATMENT, including blocking the brood if it could not have been done in the previous month.
- DECIDE TO REPLACE THE QUEEN.
- NEW WAXY SHEETS, if necessary, remove a frame of stocks that could serve later and place a waxy sheet making sure that it be built
- STRENGTHENING WEAK FAMILIES, especially to understand why they are in that condition of difficulty.
- IF YOU HAVE CASES OF ORPHANHOOD and it is worth to intervene, proceed to the insertion of a new fertile queen or otherwise combine with another family.
- NOURISH with sugary syrup according to the availability of “lean” harvest in our pastures, and to the amount of stocks.
ALVEIS RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS:
- to carry out the buffer treatments entrust ourselves to API LIFE VAR and API BIOXAL, always following the advice of use on the label. If in doubt do not hesitate to call us!
Alongside with the anti varroa treatment, we recommend a weekly regimen for at least 3 weeks of HERB API to support the bees during the treatments and to initiate them to a better health for the next wintering